July 25, 2009

Here is an update on the pine below. It went 1 month with no fertilizer after the work, then successive fertilizing began taking place. Learning the correct method for cutting back a pine from Boon, I now have more confidence with other trees. Look at all those buds!!


Fertilizing will increase into Fall, and I'll select the buds I want to keep then.

During the last month or so, as the weather has gotten hotter, I've started having a visitor during my watering sessions. This dragonfly and I have gotten to know each other pretty well.


One afternoon, on a 90F+ day, I shot a little water on it, and it flew off, then right back to the branch it was on in less then 5 seconds. I gave it another soft mist, and it flew off again, then right back to it's same branch, where it seemed to drink up some of the water on itself. I slowly reached over to it, expecting it to fly away, and to my surprise, it didn't. I reached over and touched it's wing, then let it sit there in peace. Now it seems to come around every watering (sometimes 3 times in one day). Kind of nice having a watering buddy.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Currently a member of Bay Island Bonsai-I have begun to learn all over again with Boon Manakitivipart