November 11, 2009

__________Golden State Bonsai Federation Convention____________

This was my first convention attended, thanks to my brother. We had talked about me coming down to go to a day or two of the convention, and he surprised me with a 4 day pass! Thanks again, brother. He and his family live in Riverside, so it just had to happen being it was so close to his house. It was a lot of fun, and Jeff (my brother) had a really good time, and also showed me some great spots to eat downtown Riverside-if you're ever there, you HAVE to try The Taco Station. Anyhow, I digress.
Jeff took two workshops, and had a great time at them. Here he is working on a kingsville boxwood with Bob Hilvers, the new GSBF President.



Of course, with all the different activities scheduled, there was also the Joshua Roth New Talent competition going on right next to his workshop. I was really happy to see Peter Tea was entered, a fellow Bay Island Bonsai member, so I was jumping back and forth between the two. Here's Peter working on his tree, happy that he had made a jin that he wouldn't have to wire.



By the end of the day, both Jeff and Peter had done some good work. Peter won the new talent competition on Saturday night (nice job, Peter), and Jeff had a nice Kingsville to add to his collection.




I had a great time, and plan to attend the convention in 2010, which is right here in the Bay Area 40 minutes from my house. Great meals, seeing some old friends, working on Bonsai...what could be more fun?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Currently a member of Bay Island Bonsai-I have begun to learn all over again with Boon Manakitivipart