February 14, 2009

Repotting season is among us here in the Bay Area, and I've spent every free moment doing it. I thought back among all the repots I've done over the years that I've been attempting to do bonsai, and I realized just how far I've come in that time. I suppose it's a natural path learning most skills in life, but in this case especially, I realized just how much more precise my technique is now that I am studying with the Bay Island Bonsai Club with Boon. Things just click as I'm tying the tree in the pot, or adjusting the height of the tree with more soil mix, and I understand now more the steps to creating finer bonsai.
Now I'm not claiming to have any spectacular trees, mind you, but I am becoming enlightened more to the process of creating good trees. And I am sure I have plenty more to learn, too. I've been busy potting up the trees, and not much time for anything else, like I said before, but last night I just quickly perused a few of the forums to see what was going on. Now I understand why I don't spend much time on the forums anymore. The amount of bickering back and forth just seems so useless to me, and I think I am gonna be doing more blog watching than anything else because of it. There are some really good blogs going on, and in the future, I'll post some of them for anyone who might want to look.
Anyhow, just wanted to put down my thoughts about what I was feeling tonight, that's it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post Scott - I really appreciate the sentiment.

About Me

My photo
Currently a member of Bay Island Bonsai-I have begun to learn all over again with Boon Manakitivipart